The Four Agreements
December’s book of the Month at Allumé is The Four Agreements,
We are giving away 10 copies of this awesome, quick read. To claim a copy:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “FREE BOOK” in the subject line.
- In the body of the email, give us your name, address, and mobile number.
- We will mail out your copy pronto!
When I was nineteen years old, I went through a very dark and tumultuous time in my life. I was depressed, unable to sleep, and feeling the weight of the world. It was a scary time for me and my family. I remember feeling surrounded by darkness with no light in sight. This was a time I now fondly refer to as “my needed breakdown.”
In the face of a deep depression, I began a life-long search for how to find solace and peace, and eventually happiness and fulfillment. During the decade that followed, I went to therapy, attended retreats, meditated, and read book after book searching for a path that would glean just a wee bit of light.
It was during that time that I first read The Four Agreements.
The Four Agreements was the needed crossroads I needed to help me choose how I wanted to look at my life, the world, and who I really am beneath the surface of my emotions, thoughts, and impressions of the circumstances around me.
It is a simple, yet profound read. Completely accessible to just about anyone.
For me, in the first read, it brought me peace, hope, and empowerment. Over the years, whenever I feel disconnected or lost, The Four Agreements is a touchstone to help me immediately find my way back to wholeness.
This month, I am inviting the whole team at Allume to read The Four Agreements. All members of Team Allumé who complete the read and fill out our Book Club Form will receive a $30 Visa Card.
- My intention is to bring each of us a greater sense of peace, ease, and empowerment to all members of our team.
- My wish is that it inspires a new perspective when interacting with team members that affords empathy, forgiveness, and understanding.
- My desire is to co-create with others living from The Four Agreements.
- I also hope it inspires each of us to claim greater responsiblity for creating the life we desire.
By Coco Sellman