Department of Public Health Update on Vaccinations
Today, 1/5/2021, the Connecticut Department of Public Health (DPH) issued the following message regarding vaccination distribution.
HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS! Please see the information below showing locations right now that have vaccination appointments available. You are encouraged to get scheduled as soon as possible. We are currently in Vaccination Stage 1a, where you are among the limited few who have access. Very soon (days not weeks or months), the state will likely expand to additional groups. When that happens, we can expect appointments to be more and more challenging to get.
Please schedule yourself right away if you are eligible.
To register for an appointment:
- Search your email inbox for an email from the CDC. If you are an Allume employee who qualifies to receive the vaccine, you would have received the email on December 23, 2020.
- The email contains your personalized link to the Vaccination Administration Management System (VAMS). If you cannot find the email from the CDC, contact Taylor at email@example.com and she will help you.
- Schedule your appointment for your first (or second) dose. There are multiple locations and times. New appointment times are added daily; if you aren’t finding an appointment somewhere convenient for you, check the schedules daily until you find a timeslot and location that works for you. Below is a list of places that currently has appointments available.
The process is extremely simple and fast.
- You go to the location at the scheduled time
- Present your photo ID and fill out a very basic form
- You receive the vaccination
- They give you a vaccination card specifying the date and type of vaccine you received, which you will want to keep
- You wait 10 minutes to ensure no adverse reactions
- While you wait, take a photo of the vaccination card and text/email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You leave
- First vaccination is complete.
- Another email will come from the CDC inviting you to schedule your second dose.
- Click on the link in the email and like before, select a time and location, and then get your second dose.
- Be sure to send your finalized vaccination card to email@example.com
Here is the update from the DPH from earlier today…
Dear Healthcare Providers,
As you know, Connecticut is currently in Phase 1a of the COVID Vaccine roll-out. We want to encourage all healthcare personnel who have not already done so to schedule an appointment to receive a COVID-19 vaccine…
If you have questions, please submit a ticket to the DPH Helpdesk at https://dph-cthelpdesk.ct.gov/
For details about Phase 1a eligibility, see here: ct.gov/covidvaccine/access
Locations with available appointment slots (filling up quickly, please check multiple locations)
- CHC New Britain, New Britain
- Windsor Health Department, Windsor
- Wheeler Clinic, Hartford
- St Francis Hospital, Hartford,
- CHC Hartford at CCMC, Hartford
- Sharon Hospital, Sharon, CT
- Johnson Memorial Hospital, Stafford Springs
- CHC Middletown, Middletown
- Middletown Health Department Mobile, Middletown
- Middlesex Health, Middletown
New Haven County
- New Haven Health Department, New Haven
- Fair Haven Community Health Center, New Haven
- CHC Waterbury, Waterbury
- Griffin Hospital Main Hospital, Derby
- Waterbury Hospital, Waterbury
- Stamford Health Department, Stamford
- CHC Fifth Street, Stamford
- Fairfield Health Department, Fairfield
Leslie M. Greer
Consumer Information Representative/Outreach Coordinator
Mailing Address: 450 Capitol Avenue, MS#51OHS, P.O. Box 340308, Hartford, CT 06134-0308
Physical Address: 450 Capitol Avenue, 1st Floor, Hartford, CT 06106